Thursday, June 16, 2011

Waiting for the big push

     Josh and I have been talking about how much work is ahead of us and how little time there is.  I have never done this kind of thing before, but hope that we can pull it off.  We decided that since we were going to pull the engine and tranny to replace the auto with a six speed, and the steering was going to be unhooked to install the rack and pinion we might as well pull the body off.  Since the body is off, I might as well get it powder coated and replace the brake lines. 
   I have often heard that it is hard to draw the line on these projects.  Those "might as well" things can really add up fast.
   I took some parts off of the car last night so I can paint them at home during free times.   I unhooked the steering box, got the steering column out, and took off the aftermarket disco front end.
    I got home from the shop about midnight and got back up at 4:15 to head out for work.  *yawn*   I will head back to the shop as soon as I get off work. 
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment